Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Rainy Day Fun

Today was a kind of gloomy day here in the Middle of Nowhere. A nice springy day with a low temperature and afternoon rain shower was the perfect day to work on invitations. So, I assembled the troops: my mom and sister, Josh's mom and sister, and even Josh (for a little bit). We cut, Cricut-ed, fought with glue dots, made Wal-Mart runs for more sticky stuff, assembled, and stuffed. With the help of some amazing breakfast muffins and some thin crust veggie pizza, we managed to get about 60% done! All that's left now is attaching the actual printed portion (they aren't back from the printer yet), addressing, and stamping them!

I must say, between the laughing and snarky remarks about my choice of invitation process, we had a lot of fun!

Apparently my mouth does funny things when I'm concentrating

My mom said not to put her on the blog. Shhh... don't tell her :)

Sister Lindsey cutting strips of paper for the wrap around labels!

My future in-laws peeling and trimming the Rs that didn't quite cut all the way through on the Cricut

Lindsey glued an R backwards... it was quite funny, but I guess you had to be there.

Not happy with the job of gluing Rs onto the green squares of paper. And probably not happy that I snapped a pic :)

When he got out of work, Josh helped glue and stuff, too! He was actually enjoying himself. No, really, he was!

I'll post details about each little mini-project that went into the invites, but that's another post. I'm so ready for the printed pieces to be put into the envelopes, and I can't wait to see how our wrap around mailing labels turn out!

What's your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?

1 comment: