Friday, June 10, 2011

Dressin' the Guys [Part 2]

I've got a riddle for you: What do you get when you cross a bonfire, 5 groomsmen and a groom, a bunch of beer, and formal wear? Answer: A bunch of half-drunk, half-naked guys in your living room at midnight!

Josh and I invited the groomsmen over to try on their outfits (I know there's a better word for it, but outfits is just so cute), and enticed them with the promise of a bonfire (BYOB, of course). I envisioned everyone trying their outfits on one by one in the bathroom before we started the fire, and then once everyone was fitted, we would commence the burning and boozing.

Silly me. That vision was wayyyy off!

What happened was this: The guys started the fire, and also started drinking, around 8:00 PM. Then, around midnight (I think) when I reminded them (after one bottle drink of wine) that they still had to try on their clothes, everyone moved into the living room. And started stripping. It was definitely the first, and probably only time that there have been that many half-naked men in our living room. There were arms up the the air, and too many pairs of boxers to count. But everyone tried on their stuff, and I only ended up having to exchange 3 things. Out of the total of 24 pieces, I'd say that was pretty good!

I didn't take any pictures while they were undressing, but I did manage to snap a few of the finished product:
Groomsman Gary helping Groomsman Eric with his tie
A wider shot of the same action - ties being tied and vests being adjusted
Groomsman Brandon checking out the finished product...


And deciding it looks pretty good!!
It was a pretty fun night, even though it didn't go quite as planned. Hopefully the guys are appreciative of the fact that they don't have to wear tuxes in 90 degree weather!

Any unexpected fun times (bonfire and booze optional) in your wedding planning escapades?

No comments:

Post a Comment