Saturday, June 4, 2011

Another Interruption :)

For my birthday last month, Josh got me tickets to go to a Detroit Tigers game! I love the Tigers, but unfortunately our channel package with Dish Network doesn't include Fox Sports Net, so I rarely get to watch them on TV anymore. I've never been to a game in person, which is shocking, considered how much I adore this team. Something about baseball just screams summer to me, so this was a perfect Memorial Day weekend summer kick-off!

My favorite Tiger, Justin Verlander, was set to pitch at the game we went to, but because of a rain-out the night before, he got bumped from the line-up and was scheduled for the game after ours instead. I was super bummed, but I got over it quickly. We had a great time, and we even got to meet up with one of my former co-workers. It was a hot day, and we barely missed the rain, but I would do it all over again in a heartbeat!

The view from our seats. It was great!

The Tiger's dugout. I was hoping to catch a glimpse of Verlander, but there's always next time! Oh - and I saw about 5 other girls wearing the same shirt as me (from Victoria's Secret's PINK collection). I think I was at least 10 years older than those girls. Wardrobe selection fail.

Manager Jim Leyland - possibly my 2nd favorite Tiger. A lot of people aren't happy with him right now, but I love him. He tells it like it is, and I like that in a person.
The ball park is so fun! There are cool details all over the place. In the distance you can see a baseball Ferris wheel - how fun is that!



Brandon Inge - my mom's favorite.

This one's for you, mama!

Do you have a favorite professional sports team? What screams summer to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment