Monday, January 17, 2011

The Reach

The Reach. It's the first thing everyone does when they find out you're engaged. They reach for your left hand in an effort to see the newly bedazzled finger. A variation of The Reach is the Squeal and Reach - whereby the person makes some sort of excited sound as they're reaching for your hand. So, what did people see when they did The Reach after finding out I was engaged? This beauty:
Josh chose a beautiful Belgian-cut diamond to put in the center. It's honestly SO clear and colorless - I was completely in love at first sight!

Here it is on my finger in the horrible hotel lamp light

We chose to pick out a ring together for a few reasons: 1) I'm picky. I didn't want something that every other girl had. I wanted something classic and elegant but still different enough to be unique. 2) If I'm going to be wearing this ring for the rest of my life, I'd like a little bit of a say in what it looks like. It wasn't that I didn't trust Josh's judgment for which ring to pick - he chose the center stone, vetoing my declaration that I "didn't want a round diamond like everyone else." (To be fair, I didn't want a princess cut either - I was convinced that the "different" thing to do would get an asscher or cushion cut.) And I can't imagine my ring any other way! I like that we chose this ring as a team, because that's what we are now. Granted, I'm the one wearing it, but Josh was spending the money on it, so it was important that we both were happy with the end result. And we are. Very much so.

No comments:

Post a Comment