Sunday, May 8, 2011

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!

That's me!!

Josh and I have been looking (well, I've been looking; Josh has been more or less kinda sorta listening to my ramblings on the comparisons of different motifs on toasting flutes and cake knives) and haven't been able to find a design we liked that we were willing to pay the asking price for (some of these things aren't that attractive, and are pretttty darn expensive!). 


I actually won a blog contest, and I'm SUPER excited about it! Ashley at Bride on a Budget held a contest and the winner had her choice of a plethora of things from Things Remembered. I entered after I saw the beautiful Seed Pearl Wedding Set that Ashley reviewed. I loved it! Check it out:


Both pictures via Things Remembered
I originally planned on having our wedding date and names engraved on the set, but I'm also contemplating something else... I think it would be nice to have a meaningful song lyric or quote on the set so we can lend it to other family members (a "something borrowed" perhaps?), and pass it down to other generations.

I'm still thinking about it...

Thoughts? Names vs. quote/lyric? Suggestions for a quote/lyric?

Make sure you check out Ashley's blogs: Bride on a Budget and Wife on a Budget. She has GREAT tips for saving money and staying organized in this crazy world! Thanks again, Ashley!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that you started a new blog! UGH! I have been wondering where you went, now I feel really behind on your life....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool blog. Here via Women Living Well. The quote idea is great. We got ours engraved with 'love knows no limit...' which was the first part of our overall wedding quote :) It's nice to have some words which make it personal & special

    ReplyDelete