Monday, May 2, 2011

The Little Ones

I knew from the beginning of our planning that we would have kids involved and invited to our wedding. As of right now, about one-fifth of our guest list is kids (about 50 out of 300). I completely understand the appeal of an adults-only reception, but Josh and I have too many kids in our lives that are too important to be excluded from our day. Plus, I think they are just too cute for words when they're all dressed up!

I may be biased, but I have the CUTEST flower girl and ring bearers in the world. Yeah. I said it. The absolute CUTEST! See for yourself:

This is Grace, our flower girl. She's Josh's cousin and she's adorable! In this picture she's showing a calf at the local fair, and proudly sporting her big ribbon! She's the girliest tomboy I've ever met, and she has a take-no-crap attitude. By the time the wedding rolls around, she'll be 6 years old, and will be the perfect person to help the ring bearers down the aisle.


This is Quentin, one of our ring bearers and Grace's brother. He has an infectious smile that will make the girls go crazy in a few years! He's showing his calf here, too. He loves trucks, tractors, and helping out on the farm. I'm excited to see him all dressed up with his adorable smile on our wedding day.


This is Carter, my friend Ashley's son. Are those not the most beautiful blue eyes you've ever seen! Carter will be 5 at the wedding, and will have practiced walking down the aisle in Ashley's wedding this May. He's so full of energy and I'm glad he'll have a part in our  big day.

So, there you have it! I told you I have the cutest flower girl and ring bearers in the world!

Did you have a flower girl or ring bearer at your wedding, or was it a no-kid zone? How did you decide which little ones would accompany you down the aisle?

1 comment:

  1. Aww, so cute! I have a flower girl (my niece) and a ring bearer (his nephew). We have a lot of kids in our families, too, and there would just be no way to have an adults only wedding. Plus, I think kids are so fun and adorable and they bring a different kind of fun to the wedding/reception.

    ReplyDelete