Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Un-mismatched Bridal Party

Yeah, I'm an English teacher, and I used a double negative in my blog title. What are you gonna do about it? That's what I thought : )

So, we left off with me explaining my choice of two different dresses for my ladies:
Alfred Angelo via weddingshoppeinc.com

Source
The shocker, to me, was that each of my 6 bridesmaids chose to wear the same dress! All of them opted for the first picture, the one shoulder dress. I was surprised. I thought at least one or two would pick differently. Oh well... I can make them look less matchy-matchy in other ways (more about that later, or matl if you're hip to the text/IM lingo).

[Time - Out  In case you forgot, the dresses will be a mossy green color. I would post a picture of what Alfred Angelo shows online, but the color is horrible on the web. The only bit of it I've seen in real life is a small swatch of fabric since they don't carry any sample dresses in that color/fabric combination. Ok, time in!]

Remember the things I wanted? Here's how I think I did in keeping these things in mind:
  • Budget - ehh... these dresses rang up at $170. The shop we purchased them from offered a 10% discount if the girls paid in full up front, so they ended up getting a small discount after tax. This was higher than I really wanted, but under $200, so I guess it could have been worse.
  • Comfort - I haven't tried the dress on, but I think it will be extremely comfortable. There is a lot of support, or so I'm told, for the more well-endowed girls, and the fabric moves really well. I don't think any of the girls will have to worry about sweating to death.
  • Versatility - The light fabric and flattering color, combined with a short cut and interesting neckline, SHOULD lend itself well to rewearing. I know, I know. Cue the 27 Dresses quote, right? But seriously, I think I would wear this dress to a cocktail party. It definitely doesn't scream "I was a bridesmaid's dress." At least not too loudly : )
What do you think?  Have you ever worn a bridesmaid's dress over again? What made it rewearable?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment! I'm also an English teacher [by degree, just subbing right now]. Too funny! Cute blog, by the way.

    I've always wanted to be able to re-wear a dress but never have. Mostly because a lot of them have had both of the wedding colors on the dress which screams "bridesmaid!" instead of cocktail or casual wedding attender.

    The dresses are cute and totally re-wearable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never re-worn a bridesmaid dress, but i would wear yours again. They look like a cute spring dress that i would buy anyway. Great choice :)

    ReplyDelete