Monday, April 2, 2012

New Blog Design

I don't know why, but I felt like my blog needed a facelift. I really liked my old design, but I didn't feel like it really was "me."

About $3.00 and a few hours later, my new blog design was born! And can I just say, Blogger has become SO much easier for editing and personalizing blogs! I'm glad they've listened to people who want to break out of the boring basic templates.

Peacock feathers are sort of a trend now (or maybe a trend that's passed?), but I love the colors and graphic elements of them. I incorporated them into my wedding, so it seemed natural that they be incorporated into a blog about my married life. I picked up a this pack of digital scrapbook paper from VN Digital Art on Etsy for a well-worth-it $3.00. (She's got other great design, too, so go check 'em out!)

How fab are these designs! Love them!

Then, I just messed around in Photoshop to create a background and header I liked. I wanted to incorporate pictures of our wedding and our life, so if you take a look, you'll see: (clockwise from the bottom left) one of my favorite ring pictures from the wedding, grapes from a vineyard in Traverse City, MI where Josh and I spent some time after our wedding, wedding shoes!, our baby Diesel, my fabulous wedding bouquet, and a picture of Josh and me. I love it :)

How did you come up with your blog design? Are you a tried and true template person, or did you incorporate a little bit of yourself? Or both?

No comments:

Post a Comment