Friday, April 13, 2012

My Grand Entrance!

Once My girls walked in, it was time for my grand entrance! I walked down the aisle, with my dad, to an arrangement of Defying Gravity played by my cousin Ali on her flute, and my cousin Karlee on her ukulele. I realize it's not a very traditional wedding song, but the melody is beautiful. And, not to sound corny, but at that moment I really felt like I was "defying gravity." I was on top of the world!

The church doors opened and there I was! I love how my flowers popped against my dress... even if I am carrying them a bit high. Oh well!

The church we were married in is absolutely beautiful. It's old, and ornate but understated. It helped that they had recently changed their gaudy bright orange carpet to something in my wedding palette, too!

I don't remember much, but I was SO hot! I was really excited, too. 

Obligatory shot of the groom :)

How beautiful are those ceiling things! I have no idea what they're called, but I love them. It's hard to see in this shot, but the pastor asked our parents and grandparents to stand up around us while he prayed. Our pastor really sucked and messed up a lot, which I'll talk about later, but I liked this part of our ceremony (even if it lasted wayyyy longer than it was supposed to). 

Here we go!
What do you remember most about walking up the aisle? Have you heard of any other non-traditional wedding songs?

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous pictures!!! I remember one giant tear forming in my right eye as I walked down the aisle..haha weird i only cried in one eye but that's what happened! Such great memories, you look so beautiful and happy!

    ReplyDelete