Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I haven't been talking about work much lately because, well, there's not much to talk about. I've been subbing, and thereby figuring out what grade levels I work best with (anything 2nd grade and under is just not a good fit for me), and I've been sending out applications. Lots of them.

Last week I had an interview with the district where I did my student teaching. I wasn't expecting much because the position was part-time and nothing with which I had any experience. However, I was offered the job less than 24 hours after interviewing! Needless to say, I'm pretty ecstatic about the whole thing. My field coordinator and mentor teacher both gave me excellent recommendations, and the district is hopeful that I'll be in a full-time classroom position within a few years. 

The best part(s) is(are) that my schedule is so flexible that we can still take a honeymoon, I can still sub when time permits, and I'm getting to know a variety of different teachers in the district. It's a pretty sweet deal, if you ask me, because this is probably my favorite school district and definitely my first choice for a permanent job. 

It's nice when things start falling into place.

Speaking of which, we found out last week that Josh is finished with school in December! YAY! He'll have his second degree done, and we'll be better able to figure out what the heck the future has in store for us. The registrar's office screwed up and didn't credit him for classes he had taken with his first degree, so he thought he had to go back for 2 classes in the winter semester. Luckily for him, they corrected their error, and he's now able to apply for graduation!

That's what I'm thankful for today. What about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment