Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Little Details: The Photobooth

Josh and I aren't having favors for our guests. We decided we didn't want to deal with them, and instead, put the money towards a photobooth. Actually, a "faux"tobooth is probably a more appropriate term, since it's not a true booth. We borrowed a PVC pipe structure from my friend's mom (and my second mama), and Josh's mom sewed panels for the background out of this fabric we scored on sale at JoAnn's for $1.49 a yard!

TaDa!! I'm excited to see what kind of pictures we get from this!

Then, there was the question of what kinds of props did we want. My answer: Anything and Everything!! We went a littttle crazy at the dollar store buying all kinds of things for people to deck themselves out in as they take pictures. 

 There are: Mardi Gras beads, feather boas, cowboy hats, fur stoles, bandanas, glasses, glasses, more glasses, a dinosaur head, magic wands, tiaras, leis, wigs, a gigantic bow tie, and a red clown nose!

These may be my favorites - glittery pink and purple cats eye glasses with a bright gold rock star wig!

We plan on printing the photos out ourselves after the wedding and mailing them to everyone along with their thank you notes. I hope everyone enjoys the "faux"tobooth as much as I know I will!

Can you think of anything else we could add? What fun combination would you wear in your picture??

2 comments:

  1. So cool..I would def wear one of those cowboy hats!!! :) I love the idea of mailing out the photos with the TY cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm new to your blog and I think this is such a good idea! I also want to give photo booth photos instead of a favor. I think guests will appreciate it more. Looking forward to reading your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete