Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!!

Happy Halloween, everyone! Hopefully you're not quite in your sugar coma just yet... 

Josh and I dressed up for the first time as a couple this year! We went to Ferndale to visit one of my friends and his new fiance, and we went out to 80's night at a bar. For months I was stumped when it came to thinking of a fun costume for Josh and me. I knew it couldn't be too outrageous, or else Josh would never go for it. I also wanted to make it myself in an effort to save some money. About a week ago I saw Laura's post on MeSooLaLa, and I knew what we were going to be. Well... besides great big copy cats, we were going to be contestants from Double Dare!! After about $30 in supplies, I had everything we needed: two blue t-shirts, iron on transfer fabric, neon green fabric paint (slime), plastic goggles, and elbow pads.

Here's what I did:

I found the logo online, resized it, and printed it on to the iron-on fabric
I cut everything out... which was a HUGE pain...
  
...it was kind of hard to get the small spots without making the ink rub off  for some reason
I peeled off the backing  and ironed away! And yes, our iron is an antique... but it works REALLY well!
Some of the logo needed a lot of attention before it would stick. It was a little frustrating...
Then I randomly applied the fabric paint to the goggles for a "slimy" look. I was going to  slime our shirts, too, but opted not to as I ran out of time and the paint was taking a lot longer to dry than I expected.

With the addition of a few plastic orange flags (made from  a cheap tablecloth), we had our costumes!
Team Blue for the WIN!
 We had a blast in Ferndale with these crazy kids. I promised Garrett I wouldn't post a picture of him in his costume (yes, that is Mrs. Potts from Beauty and the Beast), but he doesn't read the blog, so I guess what he doesn't know won't hurt! Isn't his fiancee adorable! Love her :)

 Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of their pets in costume! Clarence the dog was the cutest hot dog you've ever seen, and Boo the cat was a pretty adorable ghost.




How are you getting in the Halloween spirit?

1 comment:

  1. LOL Thanks for the credit and I love the ideas of the goggles with the slime!!!! Glad you had fun, it was a great costume!

    ReplyDelete